Responsibilities: Develop resources to enhance the mission, delivery of services, and people impacted by Caring Hearts in Action.
-The Events Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of fundraising events at the Helpline Center.
-Additionally, this position is responsible for the implementation of the marketing plans and the maintenance of the website.
-This position develops sponsorship/trade/business arrangements and relationships with businesses, individuals and organizations interested in supporting events and activities.
-This position will work in coordination on other projects as assigned by the President, other office staff and volunteers in attracting funding.
Prefer a minimum of 2 to 4 years experience in paid special events. Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website and business development/relationship programs required.
Graduation from a 4-year college or university required. A 2-year degree with a minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, may substitute. Event, communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
A. Special Event Coordination
• Planning, implementation and follow-up for special events.
• Develop and maintain event software and databases.
• Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
• Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution.
• Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the events budgets.
• Responsible for in-kind donation solicitations for each event.
• Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment.
• Cultivate and implement with the President a business-based donor development program.
• Coordinate logistics of events.
• Send thank you notes to all agency donors in a timely manner.
• Write, submit and follow-up to ensure placement on media releases and stories to established contacts with local and regional media.
• Maintenance of website.
• Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit the organization.
• Actively participate and staff committees as necessary and appropriate.
• Assist the President and Vice President in other fundraising programs or grants as necessary.
1. Support and carry out the mission of the organization.
2. Develop and maintain close relationships with various constituencies within the community.
3. Be involved with the community at large and appropriate professional organizations.
4. Follow agency policies, including personnel and programmatic.
5. Participate in the organization, demonstrate team participation and a workplace philosophy that enriches staff’s ability to reach goals and provide a high level of customer service.
6. Develop professional and personal growth through opportunities and involvement.
C. Additional Duties
1. At times, staff will be required to perform additional duties beyond those specified. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Position requires demonstrated applied skills in word processing, website maintenance and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and the ability to learn fundraising, design and management computer software programs.
-Ability to work without direct supervision in a small office environment and virtually is required.
-Possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
-Outgoing and comfortable with people. Passion for mission of Caring Hearts in Action MN.
Caring Hearts in Action is a 501C3 Non-Profit Food Shelf and Community Clothing Closet. We are dedicated to serving anyone in need, no questions asked. We are looking to expand our Board, and grow our mission.
As a Corporate Recruiter, your primary responsibility will be to recruit and attract the highest quality Corporate Sponsorships. You will act as a liaison between corporate management and Caring Hearts in Action. This position also involves attending local events and working with college representatives to promote Caring Hearts in Action in order to increase awareness of our exciting partnership opportunities. This position requires a wide range of abilities including strong communication and organizational skills, flexibility, and a high attention to detail. A high standard of professionalism is also required since you will be interacting not only with those outside the company, but also with our internal management staff including Executive Directors, Board Members, and our President.
We strive to offer an environment that provides our associates with the right balance between work and family. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
Caring Hearts in Action encourages applicants of all ages and experience to apply, as we do not discriminate on the basis of age.
Check out this great video
We are a 501c3 - Free clothing closet, pantry & more located at 312 Oak St. Farmington, MN.
(Volunteers Only starting at 11am)
DONATIONS: Please only donate if your household has been healthy to limit the risk of cross contamination.
WE CAN NOT ACCEPT: Broken items, Warm weather clothing, under ware, soiled/stained/torn clothing, or stuffed animals.
The items we accept are: gently used IN-SEASON and clean clothing, shoes, accessories (like belts, purses) & NEW socks and hygiene items (used bras if in great shape), outerwear, new hygiene items, laundry soap, dryer sheets, diapers, wipes, toilet paper, pantry food, gift cards, household cleaning items (NEW), bus passes/tokens, gift cards, and home goods.
Please note that we cannot accept open personal care items due to contamination. You can give mostly anything away on our group.
Please do not leave donations when we are closed.
Anyone in MN is welcome.
HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE:
Please watch Facebook for updates on hours as we are limited with volunteers to run the office. Weather can also affect our hours.
Thursdays are only open to our VOLUNTEERS.
Thursdays are CLOSED for Shopping.
There is also a FREE community meal 5:30-6:30 at Faith United Methodist church a few blocks away.
We believe that "Everyone deserves kindness & the basic essentials in life. Our mission is to "Care for Our Neighbors, One Person at a Time."
We partner with other agencies and groups who are helping those in need in Minnesota.
Please email us with questions email@example.com or send a message through Facebook group.
There are 2 so please make sure you message us through the correct one as we have no access to the old one. https://m.facebook.com/caringheartsmn/
Your donations are tax-deductible. We are 100% volunteer run & donation funded.
312 Oak St, Farmington MN 55024
In an effort to be proactive and protect the health of Minnesotans, we are operating on an appointment based schedule. All shopping orders will be filled per request and brought out to your car. If you have an emergency need you can always email, message or utilize our Facebook community to share resources.
Watch us "in action!" Follow our YouTube channel.